From Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop versions
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 07:29:40 GMT
So do you mean that 0.2 is deprecated? or it is old and actively is developed?
Do you recommend someone to use 0.2?

Regards,
Mahmood

On Monday, March 24, 2014 11:57 AM, Azuryy Yu <azuryyyu@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I do think Hadoop-0.2x is not similar to 2.0.
Hadoop version is composed of major-version.minor-version.released

such as: Hadoop-2.0.5, major version is 2, 0 is minor versioin. 5 the the fifth release on
2.0

currently, Hadoop-1.2 and Hadoop-2.2 are all stable, but there are big difference betwwen
1.x and 2.x

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahmood@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,
>What is the numbering policy in Hadoop versions. I read that Hadoop 0.2 is similar to
2.0 but missing some features. What about 1.2? It is stated that both 1.2 and 2.2 are current
stable releases!