From Brian Stempin <bstem...@rightaction.com>
Subject Question about the usage of Seekable within the LineRecordReader
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:39:00 GMT
Hi List,
In order to write my own record reader, I'm taking a look at the
*LineRecordReader* in v 2.2.0.  I notice that it uses *Seekable* in order
to tell where it is in the file when using something other than an
*InputStream*.  As far as I can see, the only reason its used is to get the
current position within the file (within *getFilePosition()* ).

My question is:  Why?  It looks like the file position is already tracked
by the *pos* field.  Is there a reason to use *Seekable.getPos()* instead
of looking at *pos*?

Thanks for the help,
Brian