From Alex Lee <eliy...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Newbie, any tutorial for install hadoop 2.3 with proper linux version
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 06:48:03 GMT
Hi Zhi Jie,

Thanks, I am going through it. But may need to select a linux os first. Any suggesiton.

Alex

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 22:29:56 -0800
Subject: Re: Newbie, any tutorial for install hadoop 2.3 with proper linux version
From: zshen@hortonworks.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

This is the link about cluster setup: https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/ClusterSetup.html

- Zhijie

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Alex Lee <eliyart@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am quite a newbie here. And want to setup hadoop 2.3 on 4 new PCs. Later may add more PCs
into it. Is there any tutorial I can learn from, such as the which linux version I should
use, how to setup the linux, and how to install the hadoop step by step.

I am trying to setup cluster and aim to store TB data. Any suggestion。

With Best Regards,

Alex

--
Zhijie ShenHortonworks Inc.http://hortonworks.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICENOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution,
disclosure or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your
system. Thank You.