From <pande...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add few record(s) to a Hive table or a HDFS file on a daily basis
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 03:54:23 GMT
Why not INSERT INTO for appending the new data?

a)Load the new data into staging table

b)INSERT INTO final table.

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Raj Hadoop
Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎10‎ ‎February‎ ‎2014 ‎08‎:‎15
To: user, User

Hi,

My requirement is a typical Datawarehouse and ETL requirement. I need to accomplish

1) Daily Insert transaction records to a Hive table or a HDFS file. This table or file is
not a big table ( approximately 10 records per day). I don't want to Partition the table /
file.

I am reading a few articles on this. It was being mentioned that we need to load to a staging
table in Hive. And then insert like the below :

insert overwrite table finaltable select * from staging;

I am not getting this logic. How should I populate the staging table daily.

Thanks,

Raj