From Yves Weissig <weis...@uni-mainz.de>
Subject Hadoop native and snappy library
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:16:04 GMT
Hi list,

I'm trying to enable the Hadoop native library and the snappy library
for compression in Hadoop 2.2.0, but I always end up with:

./hadoop/bin/hadoop checknative -a
Native library checking:
hadoop: false
zlib:   false
snappy: false
lz4:    false
bzip2:  false

I compiled hadoop-2.2.0-src from scratch for x64 and put the resulting
.so in hadoop/lib/native/. I also compiled snappy from scratch and put
it there. In a different approach I installed snappy via sudo apt-get
and then linked the resulting .so to hadoop/lib/native/libsnappy.so,
still no luck.

What is going on here? Why won't Hadoop find my native libraries? Is
there any log where I can check what went wrong during loading?

Best regards

View raw message