From EdwardKing <zhan...@neusoft.com>
Subject Question about DataNode
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:52:56 GMT
Two node,one is master,another is slave, I kill DataNode under slave, then create directory
by dfs command under master machine:
[hadoop@master]$./start-all.sh
[hadoop@slave]$ jps
9917 DataNode
10152 Jps
[hadoop@slave]$ kill -9 9917
[hadoop@master]$ hadoop dfs -mkdir test
[hadoop@master]$ hadoop dfs -ls
drwxr-xr-x   - hadoop supergroup          0 2014-02-27 00:15 test

I guess test directory can't exist under slave,because slave is killed. Right?
Then I restart service under master,like follows:
[hadoop@master]$./start-all.sh

This time I find slave also contains test directory, why? Is hadoop2.2.0 can automatic recovery?

Any idea will be appreciated.
Best regards,
Edward

of