From Manikandan Saravanan <manikan...@thesocialpeople.net>
Subject Hadoop doesn't find the input file
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2014 17:25:53 GMT
Hi,

I’m trying to run Nutch 2.2.1 on a Haddop 2-node cluster. My hadoop cluster is running fine
and I’ve successfully added the input and output directory on to HDFS. But when I run

$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar /nutch/apache-nutch-2.2.1.job org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawler urls
-dir crawl -depth 3 -topN 5

I’m getting something like:

INFO input.FileInputFormat: Total input paths to process : 0

Which, I understand, is meaning that Hadoop cannot locate the input files. The job ends for
obvious reasons citing the null pointer exception. Can someone help me out?

--
Manikandan Saravanan
Architect - Technology