From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Configuring hadoop 2.2.0
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:08:22 GMT
I don't believe what you've been told is correct (IIUC). HDFS is an
independent component and does not require presence of YARN (or MR) to
function correctly.

What do you exactly mean when you say "files are only stored on the
node that uses the hdfs command"? Does your "hdfs dfs -ls /" show a
local FS / result list or does it show a true HDFS directory listing?
Your problem may simply be configuring clients right - depending on
this.

--
Harsh J