From chandler song <chandler...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about Yarn
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2014 13:26:46 GMT
hi all

  I have some question about yarn when I read the tutorial on the website.

 1) the contain is physical or logic? for example, there are three
PCs(A,B,C) on Cluster.  if I allocate one container. it will run on one PC
all the time. or the container will work on different PC at different time.

2) the contain, I can think it's a virtual PC which can run java
application? is my correct?

3)about mapreduce, how mapreduce run on yarn? after reading the tutorial, I
think yarn and mapreduce is totally different thing. I think the basic unit
of yarn is container. map and reduce's basic unit is map and reduce.

or how yarn handle concurrent? I know in mapreduce, I don't need to think
too much about concurrent. because mapreduce will do this for you. it will
split data into a small unit and you can do what you do. but I don't find
yarn has same thing.