From Saeed Adel Mehraban <s.ade...@gmail.com>
Subject Why none AppMaster node seeks IPCServer on itself.
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:22:17 GMT
Hi all.
I have an installation on Hadoop on 3 nodes, namely master, slave1 and
slave2. When I try to run a job, assuming appmaster be on slave1, every map
and reduce tasks which take place on slave2 will fail due to
ConnectException.
I checked the port which slave2 wants to connect to. It differs randomly
each time, but when I look for it in slave1 logs, I can see this line:
"2014-01-08 02:14:25,206 INFO [Socket Reader #1 for port 38226]
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Starting Socket Reader #1 for port 38226"
So there is a process on slave1 listening to this port, but slave2 tasks
want to connect to this port on slave2.

Do you know why is this happening?