From Bing Jiang <jiangbinglo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What makes a map to fail?
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 08:35:46 GMT
      <description>Whether to enable log aggregation</description>

Specifies the directory where logs are aggregated.

Create the /var/log/hadoop-yarn directory and set ownership:

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -mkdir /var/log/hadoop-yarn
sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chown yarn:mapred /var/log/hadoop-yarn

You need to create this directory because it is the parent of
/var/log/hadoop-yarn/apps which is explicitly configured in the

2014/1/7 Saeed Adel Mehraban <s.adel07@gmail.com>

> When I click on individual maps logs, it says "Aggregation is not enabled.
> Try the nodemanager at slave1-machine:60933"
> How could I enable aggregation?
> On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com> wrote:
>> Every failed task typically carries a diagnostic message and a set of
>> logs for you to investigate what caused it to fail. Try visiting the
>> task's logs on the JT UI by clicking through individual failed
>> attempts to find the reason of its failure.
>> On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Saeed Adel Mehraban <s.adel07@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> > My task jobs are failing due to many failed maps. I want to know what
>> makes
>> > a map to fail? Is it something like exceptions or what?
>> --
>> Harsh J

Bing Jiang
weibo: http://weibo.com/jiangbinglover
BLOG: www.binospace.com
Focus on distributed computing, HDFS/HBase

View raw message