From Ashish Jain <ashja...@gmail.com>
Subject Distributing the code to multiple nodes
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:34:46 GMT
Hello All,

I have a 2 node hadoop cluster running with a replication factor of 2. I
have a file of size around 1 GB which when copied to HDFS is replicated to
both the nodes. Seeing the block info I can see the file has been
subdivided into 8 parts which means it has been subdivided into 8 blocks
each of size 128 MB.  I use this file as input to run the word count
program. Some how I feel only one node is doing all the work and the code
is not distributed to other node. How can I make sure code is distributed
to both the nodes? Also is there a log or GUI which can be used for this?
Please note I am using the latest stable release that is 2.2.0.

++Ashish