From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to make AM terminate if client crashes?
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:30:34 GMT
The architecture is built around detachable clients. So, no, it doesn't happen automatically.
Even if we were to add that feature, it'd be fraught with edge cases - network issues causing
app-termination even though client is still alive etc.

Any more details on why this is desired?

+Vinod

On Jan 11, 2014, at 11:37 AM, John Lilley <john.lilley@redpoint.net> wrote:

> We have a YARN application that we want to automatically terminate if the YARN client
disconnects or crashes.  Is it possible to configure the YarnClient-RM connection so that
if the client terminates the RM automatically terminates the AM?  Or do we need to build our
own logic (e.g. a direct client-AM connection) for that?

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE