From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject RE: HDFS read stats
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 19:07:01 GMT
Ummm... so if I've called FileSystem.open() with an hdfs:// path, and it returns an FSDataInputStream,
how do I get from there to the DFSInputStream that you say has the interface I want?
Thanks
John

From: Ted Yu [mailto:yuzhihong@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2014 6:16 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: HDFS read stats

Please take a look at DFSInputStream#ReadStatistics which contains four metrics including
local bytes read.
You can obtain ReadStatistics through getReadStatistics()

Cheers

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 4:00 PM, John Lilley <john.lilley@redpoint.net<mailto:john.lilley@redpoint.net>>
wrote:
Ted,
Thanks for link!  I says 2.1.0 beta fix, and I can find FileSystem$Statistics class in 2.2.0
but it only seems to talk about read/write ops and bytes, not the local-vs-remote bytes.
What am I missing?
John