From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ways to manage user accounts on hadoop cluster when using kerberos security
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 18:52:49 GMT
I recently found a pretty simple and easy way to set ldap up for my machines on rhel and wrote
it up using jumpbox and authconfig.

If you are in the cloud and only need a quick easy ldap idh and nssswitch setup, this is I
think the easiest / cheapest way to do it.

I know rhel and fedora come with authconfig not sure about the other Linux distros:

http://jayunit100.blogspot.com/2013/12/an-easy-way-to-centralize.html?m=1

> On Jan 8, 2014, at 1:22 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 7, 2014, at 2:55 PM, Manoj Samel <manoj.samel@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am assuming that if the users are in a LDAP, can using the PAM for LDAP solve the
issue.

> That's how I've seen this issue addressed.
>
> +Vinod
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.