From Hiran Chaudhuri <hiran.chaudh...@amadeus.com>
Subject Re: multinode hadoop cluster on vmware
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 09:22:31 GMT
If I understand correctly, Hadoop or BigData applicatins are highly I/O
bound. So for performant processing you would definitely prefer many
little physical machines.
Apart from that setting up Hadoop on VMWare should bring no questions that
would not occur on physical installations.

Depending on your performance needs and your three virtual machines you
would probably go with a dedicated master and two slave nodes.
The master should be running NameNode and ResourceManager, the slaves
DataNode and NodeManager. Other nodes in the Hadoop setup are optional.

Hiran

Hiran Chaudhuri
System Support Programmer / Analyst
IT Service Assurance