From Hiran Chaudhuri <hiran.chaudh...@amadeus.com>
Subject Hadoop 2.2.0 Documentation wrong?
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:38:19 GMT
Hello there.

I downloaded Hadoop 2.2.0 and installed it over two servers. Upload of
files into the HDFS worked via a small Java client that I wrote.
Now I try to run a mapreduce job, and for this I am following this
document:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.2.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/WritingYarnApplications.html

However the first code sample, right beneath this text, seems uncompilable
for me:

Writing a simple Client
The first step that a client needs to do is to connect to the
ResourceManager or to be more specific, the ApplicationsManager (AsM)
interface of the ResourceManager.

YarnConfiguration.YARN_SECURITY_INFO seems to not exist, and the
rpc.getProxy(...) call references the rpc object which comes out of
nowhere.
Have these been defined somehwere and I am just missing something?

Anyone to shed some light on this?

Hiran

Hiran Chaudhuri
System Support Programmer / Analyst
IT Service Assurance
Hosting & Regional Services (IH)
Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
Berghamer Strasse 6
85435 Erding
T: +49-8122-43x3662
hiran.chaudhuri@amadeus.com
http://www.amadeus.com

IMPORTANT  -  CONFIDENTIALITY  NOTICE  - This e-mail is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity shown above as addressees. It may
contain information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure under applicable laws.  If the reader of this
transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, printing, distribution, copying, disclosure or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or using the address below
and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Wolfgang Krips
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erding
HR München 48 199