From Daryn Sharp <da...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Name node and data node replacement
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 14:48:15 GMT
To recover a NN, you probably want to use the HA feature.  If not, try writing your edits to
a nfs volume in additional to the local fs.

There is no need to recover a DN.  The NN compensates for a lost DN by using the other remaining
replicas to create a new replica on another DN.

Daryn

On Dec 9, 2013, at 5:52 AM, oc tsdb <oc.tsdb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand,how to recover a Name node or Data node failure in case if
those nodes are unable to come up due to unexpected issues.

> Is there a way to replace Name node with new name node without loosing data.I mean new
Name node should have all the data from original Name node.