From Sitaraman Vilayannur <vrsitaramanietfli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for a pointer to a MapReduce Program tutorial
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2013 09:49:35 GMT
Hi all,
  Thanks much for the pointers. I ran word count it appears,
successfully. Currently in inspected the output like so,
/usr/local/Software/hadoop-2.2.0/bin/hadoop fs -cat /user/sitaraman/output/*
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: You have loaded library
/usr/local/Software/hadoop-2.2.0/lib/native/libhadoop.so.1.0.0 which
might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack
guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c
<libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
13/12/28 15:13:06 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load
native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes
where applicable
as      2
do      1
do:     1
i       2
not     1
say     1

What is the name of the file in the output directory?  Can i read it
say using emacs or vi where will the directory /user/sitaraman/output
be in the linux fs, that is how to locate where it is....
Thanks again for all the help.
Sitaraman