From Hardik Pandya <smarty.ju...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: block replication
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 21:16:16 GMT
<property>
  <name>dfs.heartbeat.interval</name>
  <value>3</value>
  <description>Determines datanode heartbeat interval in
seconds.</description>
</property>

and may be you are looking for

<property>
  <name>*dfs.namenode.stale.datanode.interval<*/name>
  <value>30000</value>
  <description>
    Default time interval for marking a datanode as "stale", i.e., if
    the namenode has not received heartbeat msg from a datanode for
    more than this time interval, the datanode will be marked and treated
    as "stale" by default. The stale interval cannot be too small since
    otherwise this may cause too frequent change of stale states.
    We thus set a minimum stale interval value (the default value is 3
times
    of heartbeat interval) and guarantee that the stale interval cannot be
less
    than the minimum value.
  </description>