From "Su, Xiandong" <...@activehealth.net>
Subject Hadoop-common-2.2.0 cannot find PlatformName
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 23:11:14 GMT
I am trying to have a simple java client to connect to HBase in HDP 2.0. I am using maven to
manage my dependencies and using the same version for the jars as HDP 2.0 specified:

org.apache.hadoop
hadoop-client
2.2.0

org.apache.hbase
hbase-client
0.96.0-hadoop2

I am getting the NoClassDefFoundError which is strange. It is used inside hadoop-common-2.2.0.jar
which is brought in by hadoop-client. I would assume whatever jar that contains this class
should have been a dependency of hadoop-common-2.2.0. But that seems not be the case here.

Has anyone on the forum using the same version running into this issue?

Thanks

Sean

p.s. here is the full exception trace:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getOSLoginModuleName(UserGroupInformation.java:303)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.(UserGroupInformation.java:348)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Methods.call(Methods.java:39)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.call(User.java:414)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.callStatic(User.java:404)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.access$200(User.java:48)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User$SecureHadoopUser.(User.java:221)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User$SecureHadoopUser.(User.java:216)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.User.getCurrent(User.java:139)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionKey.(HConnectionKey.java:67)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.getConnection(HConnectionManager.java:240)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.(HBaseAdmin.java:182)

IMPORTANT WARNING: Information contained in this email is intended for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by return email and delete this document. Thank you.