From Vinayakumar B <vinayakuma...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Problem viewing a job in hadoop v2 web UI
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 08:58:04 GMT
Hi Divya,

1.     I don't see it in web-UI on <ip>:8088
Did you re-started the RM ? RM shows only applications which are submitted after it started.

2.     For Job History,
Your Job's staging directory might be different than that of jobhistory server. Make sure
that for the JobHistory server staging directory is configured in mapred-site.xml not in yarn-site.xml.
JobHistory server will not use yarn-site.xml. Also configure to absolute path in both JobHistory
server's mapred-site.xml and Client's configurations.
   Configuration name is "yarn.app.mapreduce.am.staging-dir"

After this you should be able to view the Job details in JobHistoryServer once the Job execution
is over.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinayakumar B

From: Jian He [mailto:jhe@hortonworks.com]
Sent: 03 December 2013 12:07
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem viewing a job in hadoop v2 web UI

Can you try with 'yarn application' command ?  there are a few options you can use to view
the application status with that command.
Also don't forget click the 'ALL Applications' link on the web UI.

Thanks,
Jian

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM, divya rai <divya1343@gmail.com<mailto:divya1343@gmail.com>>