From Rahul Bhattacharjee <rahul.rec....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to write the contents from mapper into file
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:57:44 GMT
If you have a map only job , then the output of the mappers would be
written by hadoop itself.

thanks,
Rahul

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Sahil Agarwal <sahil.agarwal@xoom.com>wrote:

>   I’m not sure if it’s best way, but if all you’re looking for is the
> contents produced from the mapper, you could have a reducer function that
> just returns the data from the mapper unmodified.
>
>  -Sahil
>
>   From: unmesha sreeveni <unmeshabiju@gmail.com>
> Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM
> To: User Hadoop <user@hadoop.apache.org>
> Subject: How to write the contents from mapper into file
>
>   How to write the contents of mapper into file. Is this fine.
>
>  If my inputfile is splited whether my blw code works?
>
>  In reducer i am combining this data.
>

>  public class MyMapper extends
> Mapper<Object, Text, Text, MatrixWritable > {
> public void map(Object key, Text value, Context context)
>  throws IOException, InterruptedException {
>   Configuration conf = new Configuration();
>   FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);
>
>   Path inputfile = new Path("in/map");
>   BufferedWriter getdatabuffer = new BufferedWriter(new
> OutputStreamWriter(fs.create(inputfile)));
>   if(value.toString()!= null){
>      getdatabuffer.write(value.toString());
>     }
>     getdatabuffer.close();
>
>  --
> *Thanks & Regards*
>
>  Unmesha Sreeveni U.B
>
> *Junior Developer *

> The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed, and may contain material confidential to Xoom Corporation, and/or its
subsidiary, buyindiaonline.com Inc.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited.   If you received this email in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from your files.