From Olivier Renault <orena...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: default capacity scheduler only one job in running status
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:58:07 GMT
At the queue level, you've define a certain amount of ressources. For
argument sake, let's say that your queue is allowed to consume 50% of your
cluster and max 100%. As a single user, you won't be able to consume more
than 50%. If you've got two different user within the queue, they would be
able to use 100% of teh overall cluster. You can define how much a user is
entitle to take of the overall Q by playing with yarn.scheduler.
capacity.root.production.user-limit-factor.

If with job1 userA has reached the max he is entitled, he will need to wait
for some slots to become free before job2 start.

Olivier

On 26 November 2013 10:46, ch huang <justlooks@gmail.com> wrote:

> so ,by default ,user A submitted 5 jobs ,only 1 job is running ,if i
> modified the option value to 5,all job will be running parallel,right?
>

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Olivier Renault <orenault@hortonworks.com
> > wrote:
>
>> If you're running all the job from the same user, by default, you can't
>> take more than the value of the queue. It can be modified by setting the
>> following in capacity-scheduler.xml
>>
>>    <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.production.user-limit-factor</name>
>>
>>    <value>1</value>
>>
>> Olivier
>>

>> On 26 November 2013 09:20, ch huang <justlooks@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> hi,maillist:
>>>             i set the following option in yarn-site.xml ,let yarn
>>> framework to use capacity scheduler,but i submit three job,only one job in
>>> running status,other two stay in accepted status,why ,the default queue
>>> only 50% capacity used,i do not know why?
>>>
>>> <property>
>>>     <name>yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.class</name>
>>>
>>> <value>org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler</value>
>>> </property>

  Latest From Our Blog:  SAP HANA + Hadoop: A Perfect Match
<http://hortonworks.com/blog/sap-hana-hadoop-a-perfect-match/?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE