From Ben K <...@uvic.ca>
Subject Can't get a streaming job to use a custom partitioner
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:11:59 GMT
I need help. No matter what I do I can't seem to get Hadoop to find my custom partitioner.
Here is the command I am running:

../bin/hadoop jar ../contrib/streaming/hadoop-streaming-1.2.1.jar \
-libjars ./NumericPartitioner.jar \
-input /input -output /output/keys -mapper "map_threeJoin.py" -reducer "keycount.py" \
-partitioner newjoin.NumericPartitioner -file "map_threeJoin.py" -file "keycount.py"

(The code of NumericPartitioner is very simple, and is here: http://pastebin.com/ZEK7N1RN)
But no matter what I do, it gives:

-partitioner : class not found : newjoin.NumericPartitioner

Does anyone have any idea why it might be going wrong?

Ben K