From Henry Hung <YTHu...@winbond.com>
Subject hdfs getconf -excludeFile or -includeFile always failed
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 02:06:52 GMT
HI All,

In hadoop-2.2.0, if you execute getconf for exclude and include file, it will return this
error message:

[hadoop@fphd1 hadoop-2.2.0]$ bin/hdfs getconf -excludeFile
Configuration DFSConfigKeys.DFS_HOSTS_EXCLUDE is missing.

[hadoop@fphd1 hadoop-2.2.0]$ bin/hdfs getconf -includeFile
Configuration DFSConfigKeys.DFS_HOSTS is missing.

I found out the root cause is very simple, it's because the source code of org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/tools/GetConf.java
hard coded it to "DFSConfigKeys.DFS_HOSTS" and "DFSConfigKeys.DFS_HOSTS_EXCLUDE"

      map.put(INCLUDE_FILE.getName().toLowerCase(),
          new CommandHandler("DFSConfigKeys.DFS_HOSTS"));
      map.put(EXCLUDE_FILE.getName().toLowerCase(),
          new CommandHandler("DFSConfigKeys.DFS_HOSTS_EXCLUDE"));

A simple fix would be to remove the quote:

      map.put(INCLUDE_FILE.getName().toLowerCase(),
          new CommandHandler(DFSConfigKeys.DFS_HOSTS));
      map.put(EXCLUDE_FILE.getName().toLowerCase(),
          new CommandHandler(DFSConfigKeys.DFS_HOSTS_EXCLUDE));

I don't know if someone already post this issue in JIRA. If not, I will be glad to open a
request.

Best regards,
Henry

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by
the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person,
please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your
computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised
that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and
any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed
as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.