From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2013 19:16:33 GMT
It is just creating a connection to RM and shouldn't take that long. Can you please file a
ticket so that we can look at it?

JVM class loading overhead is one possibility but 1 sec is a bit too much.

Thanks,
+Vinod

On Oct 21, 2013, at 7:16 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am seeing the following call to start() on AMRMClientAsync taking from 0.9 to 1 second.
Why does it take that long? Is there a way to reduce it, I mean does it depend on any of the
interval parameters or so in configuration files? I have tried reducing the value of the first
argument below from 1000 to 100 seconds also, but that doesn't help.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE