From Salman Toor <salman.t...@it.uu.se>
Subject Re: C++ code with pipes and CLapack Libraries
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 09:47:50 GMT
Hi,

Can some say anything regarding the following problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards..
Salman.

Salman Toor, PhD
salman.toor@it.uu.se

On Nov 15, 2013, at 6:54 PM, Salman Toor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run my C++ code using hadoop-1.2.1. I am using pipes. The code requires
to access CLAPACK libraries. My test setup is based on single node. CLAPECK is installed on
that node. Everything compiles without any problem but the when I run a job the maper hangs
first and than failed. In the log files, there is no error messages. The only message I can
see is

> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Tesk: Communication exception: org.api.ipc.RemoteException:
java.io.IOException: JvmValidate Failed. Ignoring request from task

> Without CLAPACK everything works fine.
>
> I have also set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my application.xml file
>
> <property>
> <name>mapred.child.env</name>
> <value>"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64:/usr/local/lib:/home/my/CLAPACK-3.2.1"</value>
> </property>
>
> But no effect. Can some please give me some hint or redirect me to some link where I
can learn how to use external libraries.