From Ping Luo <luop0...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hadoop 2.2.0: hdfs configuration
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 19:55:04 GMT
I am trying to setup Hadoop 2.2.0 in cluster mode. I modified the hdfs-site.xml file in $HADOOP_HOME/etc/hadoop
as below:

  <property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.name.dir</name>
    <value>/home/hadoop/hdfs/namenode/</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.hosts</name>
    <value>localhost</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.data.dir</name>
    <value>/home/hadoop/hdfs/datanode/</value>
  </property>

 I then tried to format the namenode with
      hdfs namenode -format
It was trying to format filesystem in Storage Directory /tmp/hadoop-hadoop/dfs/name

Can anyone tell me why the command did read the configuration I provided?

Another question is where are the default configuration files?

Luo