hadoop-common-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From fab wol <darkwoll...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Job initialization failed: java.lang.NullPointerException at resolveAndAddToTopology
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 12:52:29 GMT
this line:

2013-10-11 10:24:53,033 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation:
PriviledgedActionException as:mapred (auth:SIMPLE)
cause:java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException

is imho indicating that i am using the user "mapred" for executing (fyi:
submitting the job from the CLI (  hadoop jar
/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce/hadoop-examples.jar
wordcount hdfs_input_path hdfs_output_path) from another node) ... the file
permissions for this file are:

-rwxr-x--x  1 mapred hadoop 1382 Oct 10 15:02 topology.py*

i temporarly had set the permissions to 777 to see if something changes,
but it didn't ... I checked only the jobtracker, are the other nodes
important for this as well?

thx already in advance, especially for the quick response!
Wolli


2013/10/11 DSuiter RDX <dsuiter@rdx.com>

> The user running the job (might not be your username depending on your
> setup) does not appear to have executable permissions on the jobtracker
> cluster topology python script - I'm basing this on the lines:
>
> 2013-10-11 10:24:53,035 WARN org.apache.hadoop.net.ScriptBasedMapping:
> Exception running
> /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/556-mapreduce-JOBTRACKER/topology.py
> 10.160.25.249
> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
> "/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/556-mapreduce-JOBTRACKER/topology.py" (in
> directory "/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/556-mapreduce-JOBTRACKER"):
> java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied
>
> So checking on the permissions for that file, determining what user is
> kicking off your job, which depends on how you submit it, and making sure
> that user has the execute permission on that file will probably fix this.
>
> If you are using a management console, such as Cloudera SCM, when you
> submit jobs, they are run as an application user, so, Flume services run
> under the "Flume" user, HBase jobs will typically run under the HBase user,
> and so on. It can cause some surprises if you do not expect it.
>
> *Devin Suiter*
> Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
> 100 Sandusky Street | 2nd Floor | Pittsburgh, PA 15212
> Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 7:59 AM, fab wol <darkwolli32@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey everyone, I've got supplied with a decent ten node CDH 4.4 cluster,
>> only 7 days old, and someone tried some HBase stuff on it. Now I wanted to
>> try some MR Stuff on it, but starting a Job is already not possible (even
>> the wordcount example). The error log of the jobtracker produces a log 700k
>> lines long but it consists mainly of these lines repeatedly:
>>
>> 2013-10-11 10:24:53,033 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker: Lost
>> tracker 'tracker_z-asanode02:localhost/127.0.0.1:53712'
>> 2013-10-11 10:24:53,033 ERROR
>> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException
>> as:mapred (auth:SIMPLE) cause:java.io.IOException:
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>> 2013-10-11 10:24:53,034 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: IPC Server
>> handler 22 on 8021, call
>> heartbeat(org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTrackerStatus@13b31acd, true,
>> true, true, -1), rpc version=2, client version=32,
>> methodsFingerPrint=-159967141 from 10.160.25.250:44389: error:
>> java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.resolveAndAddToTopology(JobTracker.java:2751)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.addNewTracker(JobTracker.java:2731)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.processHeartbeat(JobTracker.java:3227)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.heartbeat(JobTracker.java:2931)
>>  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>  at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Server$WritableRpcInvoker.call(WritableRpcEngine.java:474)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:1002)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1751)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1747)
>>  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>> at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1408)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1745)
>> 2013-10-11 10:24:53,035 WARN org.apache.hadoop.net.ScriptBasedMapping:
>> Exception running
>> /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/556-mapreduce-JOBTRACKER/topology.py
>> 10.160.25.249
>> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
>> "/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/556-mapreduce-JOBTRACKER/topology.py" (in
>> directory "/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/556-mapreduce-JOBTRACKER"):
>> java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied
>>  at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:460)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:206)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:188)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:381)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.net.ScriptBasedMapping$RawScriptBasedMapping.runResolveCommand(ScriptBasedMapping.java:242)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.net.ScriptBasedMapping$RawScriptBasedMapping.resolve(ScriptBasedMapping.java:180)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.net.CachedDNSToSwitchMapping.resolve(CachedDNSToSwitchMapping.java:119)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.resolveAndAddToTopology(JobTracker.java:2750)
>>  at
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.addNewTracker(JobTracker.java:2731)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.processHeartbeat(JobTracker.java:3227)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.heartbeat(JobTracker.java:2931)
>>  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Server$WritableRpcInvoker.call(WritableRpcEngine.java:474)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:1002)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1751)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1747)
>>  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>  at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1408)
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1745)
>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission
>> denied
>> at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:148)
>>  at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)
>> at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:453)
>>  ... 21 more
>>
>> it doesn't matter if it is a pure hadoop job or a oozie submitted job.
>> there seems to be something wrong in the basic configuration. Anyone an
>> idea?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Wolli
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message