From Alejandro Abdelnur <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:53:38 GMT
Hi Krishna,

Those 900ms seems consistent with the numbers we  found while doing some
benchmarks in the context of Llama:

http://cloudera.github.io/llama/

"We found that the first application master created from a client process
takes around 900 ms to be ready to submit resource requests. Subsequent
application masters created from the same client process take a mean of 20
ms. The application master submission throughput (discarding the first
submission) tops at approximately 100 application masters per second."

I believe there is room for improvement there.

Cheers

--
Alejandro