From Sathish Kumar <sa848...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: External Table creation in hive fails on impala integration with hive
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 02:52:51 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sathish Kumar <sa8489ra@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Subject: External Table creation in hive fails on impala integration with
hive
To: cdh-user@cloudera.org

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate impala with hbase, Received a syntax error as
mention below.

ERROR: AnalysisException: Syntax error at:
create EXTERNAL TABLE hbase_table_2(key int, value int, value2 string)
STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler' WITH
SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = "d:val") TBLPROPERTIES("
hbase.table.name" = "xyz")

In the above command, I suspect the column name "val"  is wrong, by giving
the "describe tablename" command I am able find the column family name but
not sure about how to find the column name.

Please help me if you find any thing wrong in my command.

Regards
Sathish