From Patai Sangbutsarakum <Patai.Sangbutsara...@turn.com>
Subject Re: Java version with Hadoop 2.0
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 21:25:51 GMT
maybe you've already seen this.

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions

On Oct 9, 2013, at 2:16 PM, SF Hadoop <sfhadoop@gmail.com<mailto:sfhadoop@gmail.com>>
 wrote:

I am preparing to deploy multiple cluster / distros of Hadoop for testing / benchmarking.

In my research I have noticed discrepancies in the version of the JDK that various groups
are using.  Example:  Hortonworks is suggesting JDK6u31, CDH recommends either 6 or 7 providing
you stick to some guidelines for each and Apache Hadoop seems to be somewhat of a "no mans
land"; a lot of people using a lot of different versions.

Does anyone have any insight they could share about how to approach choosing the best JDK
release?  (I'm a total Java newb, so any info / further reading you guys can provide is appreciated.)

Thanks.

sf