From Siddharth Tiwari <siddharth.tiw...@live.com>
Subject Re: Cannot start resourcemanager
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 06:21:21 GMT
Hi team,
Resource manager works now, the capacity scheduler xml had wrong entry somehow. But there
is another small issue, I have NN HA enabled and wanted to run Hbase with it and eventhough
I set hbase.rootdir to FsNameservice value it always throws exception saying it cannot recognize
the nameservice value. I did put the core site and hdfs site in hbase conf. Can you help me
in setting it up with namenode HA in new hadoop-2.2.0 stable release .  Also what versions
of hive, mahout and pig would be compatible with it. I am using hbase-0.94.12 release.

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 17, 2013, at 12:48 PM, "Arun C Murthy" <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> What command did you use to start the RM?
>
>> On Oct 17, 2013, at 10:18 AM, Siddharth Tiwari <siddharth.tiwari@live.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Team,
>>
>> trying to start resourcemanager in the latest hadoop-2.2.0 stable release. It throws
following error. Please help

>> 2013-10-17 10:01:51,230 INFO org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: Stopping
ResourceManager metrics system...
>> 2013-10-17 10:01:51,230 INFO org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: ResourceManager
metrics system stopped.
>> 2013-10-17 10:01:51,231 INFO org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: ResourceManager
metrics system shutdown complete.
>> 2013-10-17 10:01:51,232 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager:
Error starting ResourceManager
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
Class org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.resource.DefaultResourceCalculator not
found
>> 	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1752)
>> 	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacitySchedulerConfiguration.getResourceCalculator(CapacitySchedulerConfiguration.java:333)
>> 	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.reinitialize(CapacityScheduler.java:263)
>> 	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.serviceInit(ResourceManager.java:249)
>> 	at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)
>> 	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.main(ResourceManager.java:871)
>> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.resource.DefaultResourceCalculator
not found
>> 	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1720)
>> 	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1744)
>> 	... 5 more
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.resource.DefaultResourceCalculator
not found
>> 	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:1626)
>> 	at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1718)
>> 	... 6 more
>> 2013-10-17 10:01:51,239 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager:
SHUTDOWN_MSG:
>> /************************************************************
>> SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down ResourceManager at node1/192.168.147.101
>>

>> *------------------------*
>> Cheers !!!
>> Siddharth Tiwari
>> Have a refreshing day !!!
>> "Every duty is holy, and devotion to duty is the highest form of worship of God.”

>> "Maybe other people will try to limit me but I don't limit myself"
>
> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.