From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Conflicting dependency versions
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 00:19:36 GMT
Hi Albert,

If you are using distributed cache to push the newer version of the guava jars, you can try
setting "mapreduce.job.user.classpath.first" to true. If not, you can try overriding the value
of mapreduce.application.classpath to ensure that the dir where the newer guava jars are present
is referenced first in the classpath.

-- Hitesh

On Oct 10, 2013, at 3:27 PM, Albert Shau wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a yarn application that launches a mapreduce job that has a mapper that uses a
newer version of guava than the one hadoop is using.  Because of this, the mapper fails and
gets a NoSuchMethod exception.  Is there a way to indicate that application dependencies should
be used over hadoop dependencies?
> Thanks,
> Albert

View raw message