From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to get the read and write time of a hadoop job?
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 21:03:22 GMT
Every job has a job-history file which has a lot of stats. You can use 'rumen' to parse them.
Rumen is included in every hadoop release.

hth,
Arun

On Oct 7, 2013, at 7:41 AM, Yong Guo <guoyongnudt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For a hadoop job, I can get its execution time by record the job submission timestamp
and the job end timestamp. However, I would like to know the breakdown of the execution time,
such as the time spent actually on reading the input files and on writing output files. How
can I get the read and write time?

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.