From "S. Zhou" <myx...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mapreduce outputs to a different cluster?
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 03:25:35 GMT
Thanks Shahab & Yong. If cluster B (in which I want to dump output) has url "hdfs://machine.domain:8080"
and data folder "/tmp/myfolder", what should I specify as the output path for MR job?

Thanks

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:31 PM, java8964 java8964 <java8964@hotmail.com> wrote:

Just specify the output location using the URI to another cluster. As long as the network
is accessible, you should be fine.

Yong

________________________________
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:28:27 -0700
From: myxjtu@yahoo.com
Subject: Mapreduce outputs to a different cluster?
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

The scenario is: I run mapreduce job on cluster A (all source data is in cluster A) but I
want the output of the job to cluster B. Is it possible? If yes, please let me know how to
do it.

Here are some notes of my mapreduce job:
1. the data source is an HBase table
2. It only has mapper no reducer.

Thanks
Senqiang