From Ravi Prakash <ravi...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: datanode tuning
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 03:09:20 GMT
Please look at dfs.heartbeat.interval and dfs.namenode.heartbeat.recheck-interval

40 datanodes is not a large cluster IMHO and the Namenode is capable of managing 100 times
more datanodes.

________________________________
 From: Rita <rmorgan466@gmail.com>
To: "<common-user@hadoop.apache.org>" <common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:49 AM
Subject: datanode tuning

I would like my 40 data nodes to aggressively report to namenode if they
are alive or not therefore I think I need to change these params

dfs.block.access.token.lifetime : Default is 600 seconds. Can I decrease
this to 60?

dfs.block.access.key.update.interval: Default is 600 seconds. Can I
decrease this to 60?

Also, what are some other turnings people do for datanodes in a relatively
large cluster?