From Ravi Prakash <ravi...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: modify HDFS
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 22:13:51 GMT

You should read BUILDING.txt . I usually generate the eclipse files using

mvn eclipse:eclipse

Then I can import all the projects into eclipse as eclipse projects. This is useful for code
navigation and completion etc. however I still build using command line:
mvn -Pdist -Dmaven.javadoc.skip -DskipTests install

 From: Jagat Singh <jagatsingh@gmail.com>
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:44 PM
Subject: Re: modify HDFS

What issue you having.
I Wrote it about here , might help you
Import it into eclipse as maven project
On 01/10/2013 11:56 PM, "Karim Awara" <karim.awara@kaust.edu.sa> wrote:

>I want to modify the source code of HDFS to my usage, but I can't get any handy sources
for development of hdfs on eclipse. (I tried the hdfs developer mailing list, but they are
unresponsive). May you guide me?
>Best Regards,
>Karim Ahmed Awara
>This message and its contents, including attachments are intended solely for the original
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please
notify me immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized
use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.
View raw message