From Rahul Bhattacharjee <rahul.rec....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to best decide mapper output/reducer input for a huge string?
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 03:14:02 GMT
One mapper is spawned per hbase table region. You can use the admin ui of
hbase to find the number of regions per table. It might happen that all the
data is sitting in a single region , so a single mapper is spawned and you
are not getting enough parallel work getting done.

If that is the case then you can recreate the tables with predefined splits
to create more regions.

Thanks,
Rahul