From Adam Muise <amu...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop on IPv6
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 17:30:56 GMT
Keep the Hadoop cluster and it's network backbone on IPv4. It should be
isolated from the rest of your network for security and performance reasons
already anyway.

Enable IPv6 on your gateway nodes and let clients jump in for access via
the ipv6 network and use the cluster via ipv4 on the gateway node. You
could even setup a web proxy for some of the required sites using nginx or
your favorite proxy server. Leave the ipv6 conversion of the Hadoop cluster
until it is fully supported and well-tested.

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Aji Janis <aji1705@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are moving to a IPv6 network. I know Hadoop installation says to
> disable IPv6. Does anyone have any suggestions for work arround? Currently,
> using Cloudera version 0.20.2-cdh3u5. Thanks in advance.

*Adam Muise*
Solution Engineer

Hortonworks - Develops, Distributes and Supports Enterprise Apache

Hortonworks Virtual Sandbox <http://hortonworks.com/sandbox>

Hadoop: Disruptive Possibilities by Jeff