From Sandeep L <sandeepvre...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Can you help me to install HDFS Federation and test?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:14:20 GMT
Hi,
I tried to install HDFS federation with the help of document given by you.
I have small issue.I used 2 slave in setup, both will act as namenode and datanode.Now the
issue is when I am looking at home pages of both namenodes only one datanode is appearing.As
per my understanding 2 datanodes should appear in both namenodes home pages.
Can you please let me if am missing any thing?

Thanks,Sandeep.

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:34:38 +0530
Subject: Re: Can you help me to install HDFS Federation and test?
From: visioner.sadak@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

may be this can help you ....

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Oh Seok Keun <ohsg74@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello~ I am Rho working in korea
I am trying to install HDFS Federation( with 2.1.0 beta version ) and to test
After 2.1.0 ( for federation  test ) install I have a big trouble when file putting test

I command to hadoopCan you help me to install HDFS Federation and test?./bin/hadoop fs -put
test.txt /NN1/
there is error message

"put: Renames across FileSystems not supported"
But ./bin/hadoop fs -put test.txt hdfs://namnode:8020/NN1/  is ok
Why this is happen? This is very sad to me ^^

Can you explain why this is happend and give me solution?

Additionally
Namenode1 is access to own Namespace( named NN1 ) and Namenode2 is access to own Namespace(
named NN2 )

When making directory in namenode1 server ./bin/hadoop fs -mkdir /NN1/nn1_org  is ok but ./bin/hadoop
fs -mkdir /NN2/nn1_org   is error
Error message is "/NN2/nn1_org': No such file or directory"

I think this is very right
But in namenode2 server./bin/hadoop fs -mkdir /NN1/nn2_org  is ok but ./bin/hadoop fs -mkdir
/NN2/nn2_org is errorError message is "mkdir: `/NN2/nn2_org': No such file or directory"

I think when making directory in NN1 is error and making directory in NN2 is ok  Why this
is happen and can you give solution?