From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why LineRecordWriter.write(..) is synchronized
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 11:53:07 GMT
Then is this a bug?  Synchronization in absence of any race condition is normally considered

In any case id like to know why this writer is synchronized whereas the other one are not..
That is, I think, then point at issue: either other writers should be synchronized or else
this one shouldn't be - consistency across the write implementations is probably desirable
so that changes to output formats or record writers don't lead to bugs in multithreaded environments

On Aug 8, 2013, at 6:50 AM, Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com> wrote:

> While we don't fork by default, we do provide a MultithreadedMapper implementation that
would require such synchronization. But if you are asking is it necessary, then perhaps the
answer is no.
> On Aug 8, 2013 3:43 PM, "Azuryy Yu" <azuryyyu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> its not hadoop forked threads, we may create a line record writer, then call this
writer concurrently.
>> On Aug 8, 2013 4:00 PM, "Sathwik B P" <sathwik.bp@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Thanks for your reply.
>>> May I know where does hadoop fork multiple threads to use a single RecordWriter.
>>> regards,
>>> sathwik
RecordWriter implementations define the write as synchronized.

View raw message