From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop Yarn
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 03:53:59 GMT
Hi Rajesh,

Have you looked at re-using the profiling options to inject the jvm options to a defined range
of tasks? http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/mapred_tutorial.html#Profiling

-- Hitesh

On Aug 29, 2013, at 3:51 PM, Rajesh Jain wrote:

> Hi Vinod
> These are jvm parameters to inject agent only on some nodes for sampling.
> Is there a property because code change is not a option.
> Second is there a way to tell the jvms how much data size to process.
> Thanks
> Sent from my iPhone
> On Aug 29, 2013, at 6:37 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:
>> You'll have to change the MapReduce code. What options are you exactly looking for
and why should they be only applied on some nodes? Some kind of sampling?
>> More details can help us help you.
>> Thanks,
>> +Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
>> Hortonworks Inc.
>> http://hortonworks.com/
>> On Aug 29, 2013, at 1:59 PM, Rajesh Jain wrote:
>>> I have some jvm options which i want to configure only for a few nodes in the
cluster using Hadoop yarn. How do i di it. If i edit the mapred-site.xml it gets applied to
all the task jvms. I just want handful of map jvms to have that option and other map jvm not
have that options.
>>> Thanks
>>> Rajesh
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.
>> <signature.asc>

View raw message