From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: DataBlockScanner's rate limit
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 03:27:33 GMT
Hi,

The DataBlockScanner isn't responsible for the DN block reports at
startup, which is a wholly different thread/process - it is a NN
independent operation that merely verifies blocks in the background
for the DN's own health. Depending on what the outage caused, it is
likely that you are missing a mount and perhaps blocks of files with a
single replica. Run an fsck to identify what files these are and if
they used a single replication factor?

--
Harsh J