From alex bohr <alexjb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hosting Hadoop
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:41:00 GMT
I've had good experience running a large hadoop cluster on EC2 instances.
 After almost 1 year we haven't had any significant down time, just lost a
small # of data nodes.
I don't think EMR is an ideal solution if your cluster will be running 24/7.

But for running a large cluster, I don't see how you it's more cost
efficient to run in the cloud than to own the hardware and we're trying to
move off the cloud onto our own hardware.  Can I ask why you're looking to
move to the cloud?