From Robert Dyer <psyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop upgrade
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 16:14:30 GMT
Actually, 1.2.1 is out (and marked stable).  I see no reason not to upgrade.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/releasenotes.html

As far as performance goes, when I upgraded our cluster from 1.0.4 to
1.1.2, our small jobs (that took about 1 min each) were taking about 20-30s
less time.  So there is definitely some performance enhancements!