From Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Requesting set of containers on a single node
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:31:43 GMT
Hi,
  My application has a group of processes that need to communicate with
each other either through Shared Memory or TCP/IP depending on where the
containers are allocated, on the same machine or on different machines.

 Obviously I would like them to get them allocated on the same node
whenever possible which requires all of the containers to be on the same
node. But I don't want to specify a node name in my request because I don't
bother wherever they run in the cluster but all of them have to be on the
same node. Is there a way to make such a request for containers currently?
Or if not, I think this would be good to be have because many applications
could have such kind of requirement.

Thanks,
Kishore