From Ashish Umrani <ashish.umr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: incrCounter doesn't return a value
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2013 17:43:41 GMT
Manish,

I am not sure if the counter would provide a globally unique id.  To the
best of my knowledge, Counters are mapper specific.  So even if one could
see the application working on one mapper, at the end, when deployed on
production, duplicate ids would cause a problem.  So, unless you are
looking for uniqueness on a single mapper, I would suggest you to look for
some other solution, perhaps like the one suggested by Jens.

Regards
ashish