From Raj Hadoop <hadoop...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop client user
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:21:26 GMT

Thanks Harsh. That is a very good explanation.

I am trying to understand how in a production cluster, hadoop user and hadoop clients would
be.

What users should exist in NN, JT, DN ?

Regards,
Rajendra

________________________________
 From: Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com>
To: "<user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:25 AM
Subject: Re: Hadoop client user

The user1 will mainly require a home directory on the HDFS, created by
the HDFS administrator user ('hadoop' in your case): sudo -u hadoop
hadoop fs -mkdir /user/user1; sudo -u hadoop hadoop fs -chown
user1:user1 /user/user1. After this, the user should be able to run
jobs and manipulate files in their own directory.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Hadoop Raj <hadoopraj@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a hadoop learning environment on a pseudo distributed mode. It is owned by the
user 'hadoop'.

> I am trying to get an understanding on how can another user on this box can act as a
Hadoop client and able to create HDFS files and run Map Reduce jobs. Say I have a Linux user
'user1'.

--
Harsh J